Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight: A Movie Review

All the buzz is over. Twilight's out! And I'm proud to say I saw it when it did. It was worth watching, and I give it 4 stars out of five. :)
I laughed more than I expected to! A lot of parts were really funny! I thought that they would cut out stuff like the lion and the lamb catch phrase, from what I had read from some articles, but they didn't. Half the script is directly from the book. Every song on the track is included. :) They added some stuff, like the bad vamps killing more than one person. The reason I gave it 4 stars is because it is kind erractically put together and hard to follow for a non-Twilight-reader, and because it was so SHORT. I mean, I know it was a long book, but there was no meadow. Everything just kept jumping to the next thing too fast. They cut so much stuff out. And it didn't seem like they were in love. Robert looked good, but his acting wasn't too hot. Kristen was better than I thought she would be, though. It was a pretty good movie; worth the anticipation (the mobs, not so much :P).
Although most people loved parts like the first kiss, the fight (terrifying and rather grotesque), or his sparkly skin (kind of lame :(, I must admit), I abosolutely loved the part when they play baseball. It was awesome, just as I imagined it. =D
And, good news! The end kind of left off in a cliff-hanging, sequel-bringing way. Victoria staring out at Edward and Bella at the prom - the way it ends just makes you know they've got a sequel planned, and from what I've heard from multiple sources, they've got the rights to make New Moon and Eclipse (which will probably not be as good, and the popularity will go south like most movies, but oh well).
Worth the wait! And Harry Potter 6 was in the previews... lookin' good!

No comments: